CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 12, 2010

Triple Layer Peanut Butter Brownies


I'm just going to be honest with you now. You'll probably be seeing a lot of brownie recipes on this blog, and I'm not apologizing! Why? Because brownies, in all shapes and sizes, are my absolute favorite dessert ever, and I love it when someone comes up with a brilliant recipe idea that includes brownies. Just like this one from one of my favorite food bloggers, One Crazy Cookie. It knocked my socks off and I enjoyed every single bite....all by myself thank you. Okay I might have shared one or two with the family, but that's it! Thank goodness they were sick in bed, or I might have had to share more. :) They really were so yummy, and I kinda miss them. This is probably my favorite brownie recipe so far. Please try them, you'll be glad you did. 

Start with the ultimate brownie mix...
Bake em up according to box directions and let cool. (the recipe calls for a full box, but I was using a bag mix and didn't have enough to make a full pan, so I halved the recipe)
 Make up the second layer. Mix peanut butter, powdered sugar, rice cripies, and butter.
 Spread on top of the cooled brownies. 
 Make the third and final layer. Mix cocoa powder, powdered sugar, milk, vanilla and butter. 
 Pour over peanut butter layer and spread evenly.

 I refrigerated mine to help it set up and stored them in the fridge. They aged very well. They were like fudgy Reese's peanut butter cups! Delicious? I think so. 

Triple Layer Peanut Butter Brownies

Brownie Layer:
1 box brownie mix

Peanut Butter Layer:
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 cups powdered sugar
3/4 cup peanut butter
1 cup crusted crispy rice cereal

Frosting Layer:
1/2 cup butter, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

Prepare brownie mix according to directions. Bake and let cool. When brownies are cool make your peanut butter layer. Mix ingredients together until smooth and well blended. Spread over top of brownie layer. Then make your frosting layer. Mix all the ingredients until smooth. It may be a but runny but will firm up in the fridge.  Spread over top of peanut butter layer. Yum!

0 comments:

Post a Comment